If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not access or use the site and should immediately cease such use.
SPARKS WAREHOUSE MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT ON THE SITE. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THE AGREEMENT PERIODICALLY TO BE AWARE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS AND YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
The term "Sparks Warehouse" or "Sparks Warehouse LTD" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is
OX17 2DH . The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions that govern your access and use of the Sparks Warehouse Web Site.
- Copyright, Licences and Idea Submissions.
Domestic and International copyright and trademark laws protect the entire contents of the Site. The owners of the intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks are Sparks Warehouse's, its affiliates and subsidiaries or other third party licensors. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY, COPY, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE.
Subject to more specific terms on individual Sparks Warehouse web sites, you may print and download portions of material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. You agree to grant to Sparks Warehouse a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, sub licensable, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any public areas of the Site (such as bulletin boards, forums and newsgroups) or by e-mail to Sparks Warehouse by all means and in any media now known or hereafter developed. You also grant to Sparks Warehouse the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Sparks Warehouse for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to Sparks Warehouse.
If you believe that content appearing on the Site constitutes copyright infringement of another party's rights, please contact us.
Any names of Sparks Warehouse, or its Web sites, trade shows, publications, products, content or services referenced herein or on the Site are the exclusive trademarks or service marks of Sparks Warehouse, including the "look" and "feel" of the Site, Sparks Warehouse's color combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements. Any use of Sparks Warehouse's trademarks is strictly prohibited without express permission from Sparks Warehouse. Other product and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Use of the Site.
You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by Sparks Warehouse, Sparks Warehouse does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. Except for Sparks Warehouse's identified information, products or services, all information, products and services offered through the Site or on the Internet generally are offered by third parties that are not affiliated with Sparks Warehouse. You also understand that Sparks Warehouse cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading through the Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
Sparks Warehouse offers a search feature within the Site. Sparks Warehouse explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the content or availability of information contained in our search index or directory. Sparks Warehouse also disclaims any responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any directory or search result.
In connection with your use of the Site, you agree you will not:
a) Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other content ("Material") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, or otherwise objectionable that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity;
- b) Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a Sparks Warehouse official, forum leader, guide or host or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- c) Post or transmit any Material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- d) Post or transmit any Material that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- e) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
- f) Use the Site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting, use of all caps, or flooding continuous posting of repetitive text);
- g) Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- h) Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- i) Upload or transmit any Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- j) Delete or revise any Material posted by any other person or entity;
- k) Manipulate or otherwise display the Site by using framing or similar navigational technology, or
- l) Register, subscribe, attempt to register, attempt to subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any Sparks Warehouse product or service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so.
YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE INTERNET. Sparks Warehouse PROVIDES THE SITE AND RELATED INFORMATION "AS IS" AND DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE, ANY MERCHANDISE INFORMATION OR SERVICE PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY, AND Sparks Warehouse SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGE ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY SUCH TRANSACTION. IT IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND USEFULNESS OF ALL OPINIONS, ADVICE, SERVICES, MERCHANDISE AND OTHER INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY. YOU UNDERSTAND FURTHER THAT THE INTERNET CONTAINS UNEDITED MATERIALS SOME OF WHICH ARE SEXUALLY EXPLICIT OR MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO YOU. YOU ACCESS SUCH MATERIALS AT YOUR RISK. Sparks Warehouse HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SUCH MATERIALS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL Sparks Warehouse BE LIABLE FOR (I) ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR INFORMATION, AND THE LIKE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, OR ANY INFORMATION, OR TRANSACTIONS PROVIDED ON THE SERVICE, OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SERVICE, OR ANY DELAY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICE. EVEN IF Sparks Warehouse OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICE AND/OR MATERIALS OR INFORMATION DOWNLOADED THROUGH THE SERVICE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, Sparks Warehouse's LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Site and all charges related thereto.
- Indemnification and Reservation of Rights.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Sparks Warehouse, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and any third party information providers to the Site from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or your use and access of the Site.
Sparks Warehouse reserves the right to release current or past member or Web site user information if Sparks Warehouse believes that a member's account is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed and/or if Sparks Warehouse deems it necessary and/or appropriate.
- Third Party Rights.
The provisions of paragraphs 3 (Use of the Site), and 5 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of Sparks Warehouse and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and any third party information providers to the Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
Either party without notice may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. The provisions of paragraphs 1 (Copyright, Licenses and Idea Submissions), 3 (Use of the Site), 5 (Indemnification), 6 (Third Party Rights) and 13 (Miscellaneous) shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Special Admonitions for International Use.
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules including, without limitation, rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, or privacy. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside.
- Dealings with Third Parties.
9:1 Your participation, correspondence or business dealings with any third party found on or through the Site, regarding the payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that Sparks Warehouse shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or other matters of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
9:2 Under no circumstances will the Supplier be held responsible for but not limited to electrician or any other contractor fees that arise because of but not limited to late, damaged or incorrect delivery of goods. You should not book an installer or prepare for installation (For example cut holes for recessed spot lights) on the basis of an ETA set by the supplier. You are advised to only prepare for installation and book your installer once you have the lights in your possession and you have checked them for suitability.
The Site may provide, or third parties may provide, links to non-Sparks Warehouse Internet World Wide Web sites or resources. Because Sparks Warehouse has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Sparks Warehouse is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Sparks Warehouse shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- Conditions of sale.
- GENERAL. - All orders are accepted and executed on the understanding that the purchaser is bound by these general conditions of sale.
- VALIDITY OF QUOTATION. - The Company reserves the right to refuse the Purchaser's acceptance of a "Saved Basket" or quotation unless such quotation is stated to be open for a specific period and is not withdrawn in such period. Validity of all quotations or "saved baskets" is 30 days unless otherwise stated in a quotation.
- PRICES. - Unless otherwise agreed in writing all orders are executed subject to prices and any relevant discounts ruling at the date of despatch and any price list of the company is only valid for a period of 30 days unless otherwise agreed.
- PAYMENT. - Goods shall not be despatched until payment has been received by Sparks Warehouse Ltd, unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to purchase. Customers who set up a credit account facility are requested to pay in full within 30days. Failure to comply with this condition entitles Sparks Warehouse LTD to charge interest on unpaid purchase money at Lloyds TSB Bank plc base rate in force at the date upon which the payment was due or 12.5% whichever is the higher.
- CREDIT. - Any credit or customer account facility shall be subject to the company being satisfied as to the Purchasers credit references.
- CARRIAGE. - Unless otherwise specified by the purchaser, standard UK delivery will be by first class mail to the purchaser within the United Kingdom. Overnight and other special delivery methods will be charged at cost to the purchaser. Delivery to destinations outside of the UK will charged at cost.
- LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT. - When the price quoted includes delivery, Sparks Warehouse shall replace free of charge goods damaged in transit or not delivered in accordance with the delivery note provided that the company is given notification within 24 hours of receipt of the goods.
- SAMPLES. - Any samples submitted by the company must be returned within 90 days of receipt or will be charged for.
- DELIVERY. - Any time or date for delivery named by the company is an estimate only, and whilst the company will make every endeavour to meet such delivery time or date, the company shall not be liable for any delay no matter how arising.
- WARRANTIES. - The company gives no warranties as to the life or wear of the goods supplied, nor that they will suitable for any particular purpose or use under any specific conditions, whether or not that purpose or those conditions are known to the company.
- DEFECTIVE GOODS. - Except as stated below, the company shall have no liability for or in respect of goods which the customer claims to be defective in materials or workmanship except in respect of death or personal injury arising indirectly from those defects. If the customer returns goods to the company on the grounds that they are defective and the company agrees that they are defective goods the company will either replace them, refund the purchase price or issue a credit note in full. All items claimed defective must be returned to the company at the customer's cost within 30 days.
- SPECIAL ORDERS. - All orders for items not stocked by the company are considered to be "Special Types" and cannot be returned for credit to the company unless agreed in writing.
- RETURN OF GOODS. - In no circumstances may goods supplied against a firm order be returned without the Purchaser having first applied for and obtained permission from the company. A returns identification code will be issued to the purchaser. Goods must be returned within 7 working days of date of receipt. A handling charge may be deducted from any credit allowed where it was established that the reason for return is different to clause g or k hereof.
- REJECTION. - Unless otherwise agreed in writing goods rejected by the purchaser as not complying with the firm order must be rejected within 7 working days of delivery.
- STORAGE. - If the company does not receive forwarding instructions sufficient to enable it to despatch within 14 days after notification that the goods are ready for delivery the purchaser shall take delivery or arrange storage. If the purchaser does not so take delivery or arrange storage, the company shall be entitled to invoice and be paid for the goods as though the goods had been duly delivered. The company then reserves the right to charge the purchaser for storage, for insurance or for the demurrage charges that the company may incur.
- DESCRIPTION MATTER AND ILLUSTRATIONS. - All forwarding specifications, Drawings and particulars Weights and Dimensions issued by the company are approximate only, and are intended only to represent a general idea of the goods to which they refer and shall not form part of the contract.
- VARIATIONS. - In the event of variations or suspension of work by the purchaser's instructions, the contract price shall be adjusted to reflect the cost involved. Where the price per unit has been quoted and the purchaser requires a smaller number of units to be delivered then those quoted for, the company reserves the right to adjust the rate of prices applicable thereto.
- BANKRUPTCY. - In the event the purchaser committing any breach of this contract, or if any distress or execution is levied upon the goods of the purchaser or if he offers to make any arrangement with or for the benefit of his creditors, or commits any act of bankruptcy or (being a limited company) has a receiver appointed of its undertaking or assets or any part thereof, or (save for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation without insolvency) goes into liquidation, the company shall thereupon be entitled without prejudice to their other rights, forthwith to suspend all further deliveries until the default has been made good.
- COPYRIGHT. - All drawings, descriptions and other information submitted by the company shall remain the property of the company together with the copyright therein.
- GOVERNING LAW. - These general conditions of sale shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- ARBITRATION. - Any dispute arising between the parties as to the interpretation or implementation of these general conditions of sale shall be determined in London by a single arbitrator to the provisions of the Arbitration Acts of 1950 and 1979 or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof.
When you visit Sparks Warehouse's website, our server logs your computer's IP address, the time, the date, and the operating system and browser you're using. We review this information to draw general conclusions about our visitors.
Our only source of personal information about you is what you supply when you actively contact us. Depending on which form you submit, you may supply your name, company, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We retain this information off-line in our client database, which we keep strictly confidential.
Sparks Warehouse Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.11.2005
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee of £25 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Sparks Warehouse, 4 Ashville Trading Estate, Royston Road, Baldock, SG7 6NN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred. Sparks Warehouse's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. Sparks Warehouse may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
Notice for users
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies
Notice for users
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 3: functionality cookies
Notice for users
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies
Notice for users
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests .They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Our website does not use Category 4 Cookies.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Description and Price of the Goods
- All prices indicated include VAT at the current rate.
- The description and price of the goods you order will be as shown on the Supplier's website at the time you place your order.
- The goods are subject to stock availability. The normal availability for each product is displayed on the individual product information pages. The supplier will contact you to inform you of your options should your order be unlikely to become available within the maximum availability period stated on the product pages.
- Every effort is made to ensure that prices shown on the Supplier's website are accurate at the time you place your order. If an error is found, the Supplier will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price, or canceling your order. If the Supplier does not receive an order confirmation within 14 days of informing you of the error, the order will be cancelled automatically. If you cancel, the Supplier will refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card for the goods.
- In addition to the price, you may be required to pay a delivery charge for the goods.
- Illustrations, measurements and descriptions are approximate for guidance only and are subject to alteration and modification without prior notification. Finish indicates the colour/finish of the product and may not necessarily indicate the materials used to manufacture the product.
- To reduce transportation issues some products will require assembly and/or adjustment before installation. Most Crystal fittings require dressing (The process of hanging the Crystals from the frame) and some have their Crystals packaged separately to the light fitting itself, again this is done to reduce transportation issues.